Nutella Coffee Cake
Moist, buttery, and bursting with flavor, this Nutella coffee cake is the perfect way to start your day. Made with a delicious crumble topping and rich swirls of Nutella, this recipe is guaranteed to be a new staple in your home.
Servings 10 slices
- 2 cups spelt flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick, room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup Nutella (warmed for easy spreading)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- confectioner's sugar (to sprinkle on top)
Preheat oven to 350 F and liberally grease the bundt pan.
Place the room temperature butter and sugar into a stand mixer and mix until combined. It may or may not be 'creamy'.
Add one egg and the vanilla and mix until combined. And the other egg and again, mix until combined
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
Add the sour cream or Greek yogurt and mix by hand with a rubber spatula.
Place half of the batter in the pan and add a few heaping tablespoons of Nutella. Take a knive and swirl the Nutella in the batter so it looks marbled.
Add the rest of the batter and top it with the dollop the rest of the Nutella, swirl again with the knife.
Add ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup flour in a small mixing bowl and mix it with 2 tablespoons of melted butter until it forms crumbles. I use a fork for this.
Top the batter with the crumbles
Put pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until your tester comes out clean.
Allow the coffee cake to cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and on to a wire rack.
(This is optional) If you want to give the cake some 'color', sift some comfectioner's sugar on top.
Slice a piece, then eat it.
- Take the butter out at least a half hour before starting the recipe. I usually unwrap the butter, place it into the mixer and cut it into pats.
- I use about a cup of Nutella for this coffee cake. Use as little or as much as you like.
- I use the 9 cup Bundt pan in this recipe, but if you prefer to make it in a larger pan like the 12 cup, there is a slider in the recipe card that will adjust the ingredient amounts for you.
- If the Nutella is too stiff to work with, heat it up in a small saucepan.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 423mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg