Rusty Nail Cocktail
This spicy Scotch drink is so delicious you will want to slurp it down!
Servings 2 Cocktails
- 4 ounces Scotch
- 1.5 ounce Drambuie
- 2 lemon twists
- 2 wide lemon peels
- I used two measuring glasses in this post so it would be easier for me to mix two drinks, but you can use the same measuring glass for however many drinks you're making at home.
- The best garnish for this cocktail is a lemon twist and there are a few ways to make one.
- My preferred way is to use a channeling knife, which takes a little practice to master, but can give you a thin and super long twist, if you like having fun with garnishes as much as I do.
- Another way to make a lemon twist is by slicing a thin wheel of lemon, removing its pulp and making a cut in the empty circle so the rind can be twisted.
- The way I get a tightly coiled twist (not pictured in this post) is to wrap the twist around something thin, like a chop stick.
- A third way to cut a lemon twist garnish I also did for this post. I took a paring knife and cut a wide swatch of the lemon skin or rind, without cutting deeply into the pith.
- The reason I use big ice cubes for this cocktail is because it takes a long time for the cubes to melt which means less water in the drink.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Sugar: 1g