This delicious cocktail is so refreshing and super easy to make!
Servings 2 cocktail
- 15 mint leaves
- 2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounce white rum
- 3 ounces gold rum
- 4 ounces club soda
- 2 lime wedges
Add the mint, lime juice and simple syrup in a shaker. Take your muddler and muddle until you can smell the mint
Add white rum and gold rum along with ice. Cap shaker and shake for at least 30 seconds
Add ice to the glasses and strain contents of shaker in them, leaving an inch for the club soda
Add club soda and give it a few stirs
Fish som mint leaves out and place them in each glass. Squeeze a ledge of lime in each glass and drop the lime in as well
Enjoy the pretty fireworks
- Use really fresh mint
- If you don’t have a muddler, you can use the back of a wooden spoon. It takes longer but will still work
- Use good quality rums
- Make your own simple syrup instead of buying it – 1 cup white sugar to 1 cup water, boil for 5 minutes, let cool
- Always use freshly squeezed lime
- Do NOT use bottle lime juice as it is too sweet and acidic.
- If you don't have both white and gold rums, you can use one or the other but do NOT use spiced rum.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 30.4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.8mg