Baked Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs
This chicken dish is lovely because it is saucy and loaded with mushrooms!
Servings 4 Thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces portobello mushrooms sliced
- 5 chicken thighs with skin and bones
Maple Mustard Sauce
- ⅓ cup mixture of dijon, Guldon's and French's mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon tarragon dried
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 F
Dribble olive oil in baking dish and add sliced mushrooms
Lay chicken on top of mushrooms
In mixing bowl, add the mustards, maple syrup, tarragon, garlic and salt
Whisk ingredients until combined, then pour mustard sauce on chicken
Sprinkle extra tarragon on top of chicken
Bake for 55 - 60 minutes
- Keep the chicken in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Don't wash the chicken before you use it as cooking will kill bacteria and washing just spreads it around.
- Cut any extra skin and fat from the chicken.
- When possible, slice the mushrooms yourself. Pre-sliced mushrooms lose their freshness quickly.
Serving: 1Thigh | Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.3mg