Asparagus and Shallots
The combination of these two popular vegetables will enhance any dish.
Servings 4 cups
Only 4 Ingredients
- 3 shallots (chopped into chunks)
- 1 pound asparagus (chopped into 2 - 3 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste (2 cloves crushed)
Heat pan on medium and add oil once it heats up
Add shallots and sauté for 6 minutes
Add asparagus and garlic and sauté for another 6 minutes
Plate with a main dish
- A good way to make sure the woody part of the asparagus is removed, is to break it off with your hands. Here's how I do it: I hold my two hands close to the ends of the asparagus and apply pressure. The woody part should snap off easily from the good part of the asparagus.
- I do cut the rest of the asparagus in 2 - 3 inch pieces.
- If you don't have shallots, a good alternative is vidalia onions since they are sweet. Use a large onion or two small to medium ones.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2.6mg