Cherry Infused Bourbon
Cherry and bourbon flavors meld so well together, your future cocktails will thank you for making this recipe.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 3 cups
- 2.5 cups cherries (washed, pitted and sliced)
- 3 cups bourbon (approximately just pour over the cherries to the top of the jar)
Wash the jar with hot soapy water and dry well
Wash cherries (see notes), pit and slice each one in half
Add cherries to jar and pour bourbon over the cherries to the top of the jar
Cap and set on the counter for 5 days. Shake once, every day
Make a cocktail
I am not adding the five days to the time in this recipe that the bourbon takes to infuse with the cherries.
- Wash the jar with hot soapy water before using it, but you don't have to sterilize it.
- Wash the cherries by adding unscented hand soap to your hands and rubbing them over the cherries a handful at a time. Then place them in a sieve and running cold water over the cherries.
- Use the best bourbon you can afford as I do think you can taste the difference.
- Once you take the cherries out of the bourbon, do not eat them. Well, you can, they just don't taste very good. Try it and see.
Serving: 2ounces | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 8.1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.5mg