This tasty cocktail is full of antioxidants. Doesn't drinking it make you feel healthy or is that just me?
Servings 2 Cocktails
- 4 ounces tequila I use Patrón Silver
- 2 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 2 ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- 6 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
Fill cocktail shaker ½ way with ice
Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, pomegranate juice and simple syrup
Cap shaker and shake for 10 seconds
Fill glassware with ice and divide liquid between the two glasses
Float lime wheel in one glass and squeeze the wedge in the other
- Use the BEST ingredients you can afford because, in general, premium ingredients equal a more delicious drink.
- However, when mixing spirits and strong flavors, including juices like pomegranate juice, you are less likely to discern a difference, so mid-level would be fine in this recipe.
- I recommend you make your own sweet and sour mix because it's so easy and it's inexpensive.
- Also make your own simple syrup - combine 1 cup white sugar with 1 cup water and boil on the stove for 5 minutes. Let cool fully before using in a cocktail.
- I prefer my sour mix in a 2:1 ratio, so two parts sour to one part sweet. Start there and if you decide you want it sweeter, add more simple syrup one teaspoon at a time, tasting as you go.
- I don't usually salt the rim of the glass for my fruit margaritas but feel free to do so if you like.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 215mg | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg