Fabulous French 75 Cocktail
This French 75 cocktail is delicious and refreshing!I
Servings 2 Cocktails
- 2 ounce gin
- 1.5 ounce lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon simple syrup 1 - 2
- 6 ounces champagne
Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice
Add gin, lemon juice and simple syrup
Cap shaker and shake at least 10 seconds
Divide and strain between the champagne flutes
Pour champagne up to the top of the glass and add the lemon twist
- If you are only making a few of these cocktails, I recommend you buy the 4 pack of small bottles of champagne. Or if you love champagne and know you will drink the bottle, then get the big bottle and enjoy.
- Always use fresh lemon juice. I recommend you wash your lemon thoroughly. Here's how: Use a natural, unscented hand soap, squirt some in your hand and rub over the fruit. Next, run cold water over the lemon as you use a vegetable brush on the skin.
- Simple syrup is very easy to make. Save yourself some money by making your own. Here's how: combine equal parts of water and white sugar to a sauce pan and heat on medium heat until it boils. Stir and lower heat to a simmer and cook for five minutes. Let syrup cool completely before using.
- I don't like super sweet cocktails, so I don't use a lot of simple syrup. Try it with my recommended amount and if you don't find it sweet enough, add another teaspoon per cocktail and stir gently with a spoon.
- Use your favorite gin and champagne, but if you are buying champagne in the small bottles, you will be limited to whatever brand your liquor store offers.
- I like to use differently shaped glassware. If you entertain a lot, they are must-haves. It's impressive serving cocktails this way and it usually sparks conversation, too.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 97mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg