Bing Cherry Cosmo Cocktail
This cherry cosmo cocktail is so delicious and refreshing that it will be hard to just have one.
Servings 2 Cocktails
- 10 Bing cherries (washed and pitted)
- 4 ounces vodka I used Grey Goose
- 2 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 2 ounce lime juice (usually one lime)
- .50 ounce simple syrup (optional - try it unsweetened first since cherries are a sweet fruit)
- 6 cherries (washed and pitted and put on martini picks - 3 per pick)
What To Do
Place cherries in cocktail shaker and muddle them until they squished and the juices are expressed
Fill shaker halfway with ice
Add vodka, Cointreau and lime juice
Cap shaker and shake at for 15 seconds)
Strain and divid liquid between the two martini glasses and fish out some pieces of cherries and place some in each glass
Place the garnish into the glass
- I don't sweeten this cocktail because I find cherries sweet, so try it as written, but if you think it's too tart, add ½ ounce of simple syrup.
- Use the best ingredients you can afford because there is more alcohol than juice in this cocktail, so you will taste the difference.
- Wash your cherries before using them. Here's how: Pull off the stems and put as many cherries as you want in a wire strainer and run water on them. Grab a handful of cherries, squeeze a small amount of natural, unscented foaming soap (I buy mine from Whole Foods) on top, gently roll them together in your hands, and set them in the strainer. Continue until all the cherries have been washed and then run water over them, I swish my fingers around the cherries to get the soap off.
- I highly recommend this cherry pitter gadget for removing cherry pits. Even though you'll probably only use it during cherry season, it is well worth having.
- If you do use the cherry pitter, wear an apron to protect your clothes from flying droplets of juice.
- Because this recipe calls for muddled fruit, be aware you may get some blockage when you pour the cocktail through your strainer. To help this, spoon some muddled cherries out of the shaker and place in each glass before you pour.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg