Smorgasbord Shrimp Salad
This salad is simple, fun and delicious! Really delicious!
Servings 2 Salads
- ½ pound raw shrimp defrosted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 cups romaine lettuce or lettuce of choice
- ½ cup pea shoots
- ¼ cup sprouted beans/peas
- 1 hardboiled egg cut into cubes
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 10 slices cucumber
- 10 red seedless grapes
- 4 slices brie cheese cut into little slices
- 2 tablespoons Chimicurri dressing
Heat sauté pan on medium, add butter and once it's melted, add shrimp and garlic. Stir shrimp every 20 seconds making sure shrimp is cooked through. It takes about 5 minutes. It should be opaque and pink.
Place two large handfuls of baby romaine lettuce in a bowl
Line the shrimp across the middle of the lettuce
Add both the pea shoots and bean sprouts on the salad
Place sliced egg, cucumber and tomatoes on the lettuce
Add the grapes and slices of brie
I like to put the veggies in their own little quadrants on the salad. Makes a pretty salad. Also you will notice I hadn't put amounts other than handfuls. Use as much as you like! It's your salad.
- You can use fresh shrimp but I always use frozen and usually have a few bags of it in my freezer at all times.
- Here's how to defrost shrimp - start by taking out ½ pound of shrimp from the freezer and place them in a colander. Run cold water over them to help them thaw. As the water runs over the shrimp, I use my hand and stir them around and try to separate them.
- Once the shrimp is almost thawed, you can peel the shells off and devein them.
- I use organic baby romaine that has been triple washed, but you can use any lettuce you enjoy.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 465mg | Sodium: 1374mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5495IU | Vitamin C: 20.6mg | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 3.7mg