This kamikaze cocktail recipe is beautifully balanced, delicious and refreshing.
Servings 2 Cocktails
- 3 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces Cointreau (or triple sec)
- 3 ounces lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 4 lime wheels (thinly sliced)
Fill cocktail shaker ½ way with ice
Add vodka, Cointreau and lime juice
Cap shaker and shake at least 20 times
Strain into martini glass
Float lime wheel
- Since this cocktail is mostly booze, use the best alcohol you can afford. In my opinion, there is a taste difference.
- It’s good practice to wash your citrus before either juicing or using as garnish. Since we’re only using 1 – 2 limes, I wash them by squirting some unscented natural hand soap in my hand and take each lime and rub the soap on the skin. Next, I take a vegetable brush and scrub the skin. I run each piece of fruit under cold water making sure all of the soap has washed off.
- If you're washing a bunch of limes - fill a bowl with 3 cup of water and add 1 cup of white vinegar and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse the limes under running water and use a brush to scrub the skin.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 49mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin C: 12.8mg