Oat Bran Muffins
Delicious and healthy bran muffins that will make you want to wake up!
Servings 9 Muffins
- 1 cup spelt flour or flour of choice
- ½ cup almond flour or flour of choice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flax meal
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ¼ cup molassas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 400 F
Put all your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
Add wet ingredients and stir until combined
Add raisins and stir until combined - do not over mix
Line muffin pan with cups and spoon batter into each cup - fill 9 cups for bigger muffins
Bake for 22 minutes or until done
Plate a muffin
- I prefer the taste of oat bran, but if you can't find it, wheat bran will also work.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter or the muffins won't rise as well.
- These muffins freeze well when stored in an airtight container.
- After they've baked, if your cake tester comes out clean, the muffins are done but know that they may sink somewhat.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.3mg