Mushroom and Spinach Quesadillas
These quesadillas are one of my staple foods. So good slathered in sour cream, guac and refried beans!
Servings 2 quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounce portobello mushrooms (sliced baby bellas
- 3 cups spinach (around 5 ounces)
- 4 flour tortillas
- .75 cup Shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 slices Muenster cheese (2 pieces per quesadilla but that is optional - feel free to use 1 per)
Heat wok or large sauté pan on medium and once that heats up, add oil. Once that heats up add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes
Add spinach, sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from pan so the veggies don't cook longer
Heat a sauté pan on medium and once that heats up add a drop of olive oil. Take a tortilla and swirl it around the pan to spread the oil under it
Add a slice of muenster and half of the Mexican cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt. Keep checking the bottom of the tortilla to make sure it doesn't get too crispy. Lower heat if necessary
Add as much of the mushroom and spinach as you want and place another piece of muenster cheese on top. Cover with another tortilla and flip so you can brown the other side
Transfer tortilla to a wooden board and cut in quarters
Calorie count is when I add 2 pieces of muenster cheese per quesadilla.
- I always buy pre-packaged organic, triple washed baby spinach but you can use spinach bunches if you prefer. Just make sure to wash the leaves thoroughly, because sand.
- I use baby portobello mushrooms but white button mushrooms work just as well.
- I find using muenster cheese as well as a Mexican blend in the quesadilla makes it super creamy.
- I like to live a little when it comes to quesadillas so I use 2 pieces of muenster cheese per quesadilla but you can just use 1 per so it will cut down on calories.
- When I make this quesadilla for hubby and me, I usually just fold over the tortilla but since I'm making it for the blog, I place one tortilla over the other.
- You will have leftover spinach and mushroom mixture. I usually make an omelette with the leftovers.
Serving: 1quesadilla | Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 970mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5063IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 786mg | Iron: 4mg