Easy Chicken Piccata
A yummy health version of chicken piccata!
Servings 6 thighs
- 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless, organic
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/18 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons capers
Preheat oven to 350 F
Place chicken thighs in a baking dish and sprinkle the garlic and salt and pepper on them
Pour the broth, wine and lemon in the dish, but not on the chicken
Sprinkle capers on chicken as well
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until done. The bigger the thighs, the longer it will take
Plate with a veggie and a starch
- After you place the chicken thighs in the baking dish, don't pour the liquid over them. You don't want to disturb the salt and pepper.
- Try to use organic chicken broth as you can honestly taste the difference.
- Use a dry white wine and not something sweet like a chardonnay.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Use as many capers as you want.
- You can also use as many cloves of garlic as you like. My thought is, the more the merrier.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 322mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.1mg