No Boil Lasagna
Easy no boil lasagna. No muss, no fuss!
Servings 9 servings
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 sheets no bake lasagna noodles
- 3 cups gravy
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (approximate)
Put ricotta in a mixing bowl and add egg, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, all the herbs and the salt and mix with a spatula
The Lasagna Building
Spoon gravy in pan to cover bottom and lay 2 sheets of lasagna noodles on top
Spread half the ricotta on the lasagna noodles. Lay on two more noodles, add gravy and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
Top with the rest of the ricotta and add two more noodles. Top with gravy and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
Bake for 35 minutes
- Use a big enough pan. When I first used these noodles, I use an 8 x 8 pan and although the lasagna came out great, the noodles overlapped somewhat. I've learned from my mistake and now always make my no boil lasagna in a 9 x 9 pan.
- Use generous amounts of gravy and cheese as this is lasagna people; it's meant to be moist and cheesy.
- If you have the time, try to use homemade gravy as it's better than store bought. Here's my spaghetti sauce recipe that you can make with a pressure cooker.
- If you use warm gravy, the noodles will curl when you lay them out, but the weight of the layers will flatten them again.
- You can layer the lasagna however you want. The order doesn't matter much as long as you end with a gravy and mozzarella cheese on top. But this is my favorite way to layer it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 616mg | Potassium: 106mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 0.7mg