Chocolate Granola Clusters
These tasty clusters satisfy all your cravings for crunchy. They also make fabulous and much anticipated gifts.
Servings 8 cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ¾ cup slivered almonds (raw - unsalted)
- ¾ cup cashews (raw - unsalted - chopped)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (raw - unsalted)
- ½ cup pecans (raw - unsalted - chopped)
- ½ cup pistachios (raw - unsalted)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 cup chocolate chips (depending how much of the granola you use for the clusters)
Preheat oven to 325
Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips
Stir fully and spread the mixture on the jelly roll pan
Bake for 20 minutes, flip granola and bake for additional 10 minutes
Remove from oven and add the chocolate chips and flip around until the chips have melted
Let it stand until chocolate is set before breaking some apart
- You can use any nuts that you like but the ones in this recipe are my go to.
- Try to get raw, unsalted whenever you can. I buy almost all my nuts/seeds at Trader Joe's.
- If you can't find unsalted raw nuts and/or seeds, omit the salt in the recipe.
- After the chocolate sets onto the nuts and granola, I use my hands to break it into different sized clusters.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 3.6mg