Jelly Fish Shot
The combination of chocolate, almond and Baileys would make this shot delicious by itself, but add some drops of grenadine and you go to a different level. The grenadine drops drag the Baileys down through the layers making the jelly fish tendrils. Pretty and delicious.
Servings 1 shot
- .50 ounce white creme de cacao
- .50 ounce Amaretto
- .50 ounce Baileys Irish cream
- 6 drops Grenadine
Place pourers in the Baileys and Amaretto bottle
Measure and pour in creme de cacao
Place spoon bowl-side up in and against the side of the glass and slowly pour Amaretto over the spoon and into the glass
Again with the spoon in the same position, slowly pour the Baileys Irish cream over the spoon into the shot glass
Drop 6 drops of grenadine in different spots in the drink
Down the shot
- To layer, use either a cocktail spoon or regular iced coffee teaspoon. I prefer to use the cocktail spoon but for the thin, tall shot glass, I have to use the iced coffee teaspoon because the cocktail spoon is too wide to fit in the glass.
- Always place the spoon upside down with the bowl-side facing up in and against the side of the glass.
- Using a pourer controls the pour, which is critical to layering any shot. But if you do use a pourer, just know that you will have to eyeball your quantities because in that case, they’re coming straight out of the bottle, unmeasured.
- As with all layered shots, you need to place the heaviest liquor on the bottom and work your way up to the lightest.
- Creme de cacao comes in a white (clear) and a dark version. Use the white version for this to work.
- I use an eye dropper to drop the grenadine into the jelly fish shot, but it you don't have one, you can stick the handle of a teaspoon in some grenadine and hold it over the glass letting the drops fall into the glass.
- If you are just making it for you and your loved one, you can stick your clean finger in some grenadine and let the drops fall into the shot.
- When dropping grenadine into the glass, try to let the drops fall in different places within the glass.
Serving: 1shot | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 3mg | Sugar: 13g