Easy Zucchini Bread
This delicious zucchini bread is chockfull of flavor and easy to make!
Servings 10 slices
- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour
- 1 cup sugar (scant)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 ¾ cups zucchini (shredded)
- ½ cup carrots (shredded)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 375 F
In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients
Add zucchini, carrots, eggs, oil and vanilla and stir
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes. Test bread at 45 minutes as all ovens are different
Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing and placing the loaf on a wire rack
Slice, plate, butter bread
- If you don't have a food processor, you can use a hand grater to shred the veggies, just know it will take a lot longer.
- For the purpose of this recipe, I shredded the veggies separately but you can shred them together; just make sure there is more zucchini than carrot.
- I use sprouted spelt flour in a lot of my recipes because I prefer it, but you can use white all-purpose flour instead. This recipe even works well with whole wheat flour.
- If you haven't made zucchini bread before, just know that once you mix it, the batter may look a little dry. If so, let it sit for up to 5 minutes. Zucchini is a watery vegetable and will let go of some moisture in that 5 minutes. Don't worry, your batter won't be too watery.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1160IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.5mg