Grapefruit Paloma Cocktail
Crisp, sweet, and refreshing, this grapefruit Paloma recipe makes the perfect drink to kick off the summer. With such incredible flavor, your friends will never guess how easy this tequila-based cocktail is to make!
Servings 2 cocktails
- 4 ounces Patron silver tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 6 ounces grapefruit juice
- club soda (a few splashes)
- grapefruit slice (a quarter)
- grapefruit twist
Fill the shaker halfway with ice.
Add tequila, lime juice and the grapefruit juice.
Cap shaker and shake for 15 seconds. Add fresh ice to the glasses. Divide and strain between the two glasses. (There should be a 1 - 2 inch gap from the liquid and the top of the glass.
Add club soda to fill that gap.
Add grapefruit slice to the side of the glass or a twist, whichever you prefer.
- If I'm making one Paloma, I build it in the glass. If I'm making two or more, I combine the first three ingredients in my shaker then strain and divide among the glasses, topping each off with club soda separately. You don't want to shake soda.
- I always recommend buying the best alcohol you can afford but because this cocktail calls for fruit juice, it will still taste fine using a brand that isn't premium or even mid-level.
- Before I squeeze citrus or use it as garnish, I always wash it. You don't want to be ingesting pesticides. Here's how: Squirt some natural, unscented foaming hand soap (I get mine at Whole Foods) in your hand. Take the citrus fruit between your hands and rub the soap all over it. Next, take a vegetable brush and scrub the skin of the fruit. Run under cold water and make sure it is soap free.
- To garnish, cut a small wedge from a fresh grapefruit and/or use a channeling knife (if you have one) to cut a twist from the circumference of the grapefruit.
- If you don't have a channeling knife, cut a grapefruit in half around the equator. Next, cut a thinnish slice. With your knife, cut the flesh out of the round (and eat). Cut a slit in the round, wrap it into a spiral and use a martini pick to hold the spiral together. See photo of finished cocktail below.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg