Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
This incredibly easy chicken thigh dish is so delicious you will think you spent more time preparing it.
Servings 8 servings
- 8 chicken thighs (or as many thighs that comes in a package) (organic and trimmed of excess fat and skin)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (approximate - eyeball it)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
In a small mixing bowl add all the herbs and spices and mix it together with a whisk
Dribble a few tablespoons olive oil in the bottom of a medium baking pan
Place the chicken thighs on top of the oil
Sprinkle the herb mixture on top of the chicken
Dribble a few more tablespoons of oil on top of the chicken
Place baking pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes
If you like super crispy skin then adjust oven rack, set boiler to high and broil for 2 minutes. It's important to stand at the oven so the skin doesn't blacken
- If you have kitchen shears, use them to trim the fat and some of the skin off the thighs. It is much easier than trimming them with a knife.
- Use organic chicken thighs that don't have added hormones or antibiotics. They truly taste better than non-organic.
- Don't wash chicken because the latest best practice says if you wash it, you can spread bacteria. I just trim the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Use your hands to sprinkle the herb and spice mix over the chicken. This is the easiest way to make sure all the pieces are covered.
- Use skinless and boneless thighs if you want to lower your fat intake, but remember to adjust the cooking time to 35 minutes.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg