Cherry Margarita | Frozen
This tasty and refreshing cherry margarita will make you cheer because you will be so happy drinking it! It's robust and so satisfying on a summer day.
Servings 2 cocktails
- 2 cup cherries (washed and pitted)
- 4 ounces tequila (I used Patron Silver)
- 2 ounce orange liqueur (I used Cointreau, but you can use triple sec if you prefer)
- 2 ounce simple syrup (start with 2 ounces and taste. If you like it sweeter add it another 1/2 ounce)
- 4 ounces lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 cups Ice
- 4 cherries (place 2 each on martini picks for garnish)
Add tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup and lime juice to the blender
Add the pitted cherries and 2 cups of ice
Blend until frosty and smooth
Divide betweent the two glasses
Garnish with skewered cherries
- Use at least mid level liquor when making this margarita as there is a taste difference.
- When selecting a bag of cherries to take home, make sure to pick up the bag and look at the cherries on the bottom. If it is leaking juice, chances are there are crushed or rotten cherries in the bag. Either go for a different bag or dig out the rotten ones.
- Whether choosing cherries in a bag or individually, lightly squeeze some of them to make sure they are firm.
- I prefer my sour mix in a 2:1 ratio, so two parts sour to one part sweet. Start there and if you decide you want it sweeter, add more simple syrup either 1/4 ounce to 1/2 ounce at a time, tasting as you go.
- The more ice you use in the blender, the further you can stretch the margarita.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.8mg