Negroni Cocktail Recipe | Perfect Aperitif
This slightly bitter aperitif is loved by many! It is supposed to stimulate the digestion!
Servings 2 cocktails
- 2 ounce gin
- 2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 ounce Campari
- 2 lemon twists (or orange)
Fill a cocktail shaker half way with ice
Add gin, vermouth and Campari
Stir briskly with a cocktail stirrer or cap the shaker and shake for 10 seconds
Place a large ice cube in each glass. Strain and divide liquid between the two glasses
Add lemon or orange twists
- You can either build the cocktail directly in the glass or in a cocktail shaker.
- If you use a shaker, you can either shake it like I did in this recipe or stir it with a cocktail spoon.
- There are a few different levels of quality sweet vermouth. I love the Antica Formula brand.
- You can garnish this cocktail with an orange or lemon twist. I alternate between the two. I used a lemon in this post for the color contrast.
- I use a channeling knife to make the twist since I want a long, thin piece of garnish.
- If you don't have a channeling knife, use a paring knife; just know your garnish may not be as thin as what's pictured.
- You can measure out the ingredients in any order. I'm sharing the order I follow.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g