How to cook Broccoli Rabe
This fun and tasty Broccoli Rabe recipe makes a lovely side dish to any meal.
Servings 3 cups
- 1 broccoli rabe (1 bunch, washed, dried and cut in 1 inch long pieces) (keeping florets whole)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Heat up wok or large sauté pan on medium heat
Add olive oil and let it heat up.
Add broccoli rabe and stir to coat it with oil
Sauté for 4 minutes or until it starts to deepen in color
Add garlic, salt and pepper
Cook for 1 more minutes
Remove promptly from pan to a bowl
Place broccoli rabe on plate along with a piece of meat or some noodles
Reasons why you should learn how to cook this vegetable:
- It makes a delightful and delicious side dish.
- The veggie is loaded with the vitamins and minerals. For example, A, C, K, calcium, iron and folate.
- It also has plenty of fiber, antioxidants and phytochemicals which have been shown to prevent heart disease, reduce the risk of cancer and lower cholesterol.
- Since broccoli rabe has a lot of water in it, it will keep you not only stay hydrated, but the fiber content will keep you full longer and help you with elimination.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1480IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1.3mg