Baked Vegetables Recipe
These beautiful vegetables are baked with some oil and seasoning! Such a treat for little work!
Servings 6 cups
Cut all vegetables length-wise
- 2 sweet potatoes (washed and once cut in half, cut in ½ inch slices)
- 4 shallots (halved)
- 1 yellow onion (halved and a shallow X cut in rounded part)
- 6 carrots (sliced in half and cut into smaller pieces, see photo)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to drizzle)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (sprinkle how much you want)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (sprinkle how much you want)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
Tear off 3 or 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil
Put each type of vegetable in it's own packet. Place on the lower end of the foil - leave enough room to fold and seal the foil
Drizzle olive oil on vegetables
Sprinkle onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper
Fold foil over vegetables and seal by scrunching the ends together
Place foil packets on jelly roll pans and bake for 40 minutes
Unwrap foil carefully so you're not burned by escaping steam
Place in serving bowl
- Use whatever vegetable you prefer.
- Wash the vegetables like yams and carrots before baking them. You are going to peel the onions and shallots.
- I choose not to peel the the yams or carrots because I like the extra nutrients but if you want to, I say go for it.
- Each vegetable get's its own foil packet.
- Don't be afraid to be generous with the olive oil.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16340IU | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 0.8mg