5 Minute Parsley Avocado Spread
This versatile spread is yummy, simple and quick to make! Spread it on your bread, dollop it on your salad or eat it by the spoonful!
Servings 40 tablespoons
- 2 cups parsley loosely packed
- .50 cup greek yogurt
- 1 avocado halved and scooped out, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup avocado oil
- .25 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of lemon about ½ of a lemon
Add the parsley, yogurt, olive oil, avocado, lemon and salt to a food processor
Turn on high for one minute
Open the cover and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Cover and process for another minute or until creamy
Dollop on a salad, on bread or just eat by the spoonful
Tips for Making the spread:
How to wash Parsley:
- I get my avo oil at Trader Joe's but if you can't find avocado oil, you can substitute extra virgin olive oil for it.
- I always strip the parsley leaves off the stems because the stems add a strong flavor that I believe isn't appropriate for this spread.
- Use Greek yogurt (plain) as it gives the spread more substance than thinner, traditional yogurt.
- Fill a big bowl halfway with cold water.
- Take the bunch of parsley by the stems and dunk them in the water.
- Swish and swirl the parsley and if there is any sand/dirt, it will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Repeat a couple of times with fresh water.
- Lay the parsley on a paper towel and pat the plant with another paper towel to dry off the leaves.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg