A delicious, sweet, mouthwatering tomato treat!
Servings 12 halves
- 6 tomatoes Heirloom, cut width-wise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or more
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/16 teaspoon Pepper
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper
Place tomatoes on the pan cut side up
Sprinkle basil, parsley, salt and pepper on the tomatoes. Also, drizzle olive oil liberally on the tomatoes and bake for 50 - 55 minutes
The herbs, salt and pepper amounts are approximate because you need to eyeball it and see what looks good.
Use as much olive oil as you like!
Tips for making the Baked Tomatoes:
- Do not skimp on the olive oil, when you think you've added enough, add just a little more
- Use whatever herbs you like, but it's delicious with just simple basil and parsley
- Don't forget to salt and pepper the tomatoes as the salt enhances the sweet of the tomatoes
- The longer you bake the tomatoes, the softer they will be
Serving: 4halves | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 51mg | Potassium: 145mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.2mg