Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot
This p b j shot is both delicious and fun to look at. It is reminiscent of the delicious and popular sandwich.
Servings 1 shot
- .50 ounce Chambord
- .50 ounce Frangelico (or other hazelnut liqueur)
- .50 ounce Baileys Irish cream (or other Irish cream)
Pour Chambord in the shot glass
Put a pourer in the Frangelico bottle. Place cocktail spoon bowl side up in and against the side of the glass and slowly pour the Frangelico over the bowl and into the glass
Put another pourer in the Baileys Irish cream bottle. Again, place the cocktail spoon bowl side up in and against the side of the glass and slowly pour the Baileys over the bowl and into the glass
Shoot the shot
- How to layer a shot: Use either a cocktail spoon or a regular iced coffee teaspoon. I prefer to use the cocktail spoon but for the thin, tall shot glass, I have to use the iced coffee teaspoon because the cocktail spoon is too wide to fit in the glass.
- Always place the spoon upside down with the bowl-side facing up in and against the side of the glass. You will then slowly pour the liquid over the bowl and into the glass.
- Invest in a few pourers. This will help you with your layering. I got a set of six for $6.99.
- Using a pourer helps to control the pour, which is critical to layering any shot. But if you do use a pourer, you will have to eyeball your quantities because they’re coming straight out of the bottle, unmeasured.
- You won’t be able to use a pourer with the half & half so pour a little in a glass measuring cup with a spout and when you pour it into the girl scout cookie shot, make sure you do it slowly.
- When layering shots, you place the heaviest liquor on the bottom and work your way up in weight.
- I like to use different shapes of shot glasses not only because it’s fun to see how each shape accepts layering, but layered shots look pretty in the different shapes.
- You can substitute RumChata for the Baileys and any hazelnut liqueur for Frangelico.
Serving: 1Cocktail | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 12g