Cherry Vodka Sour
Refreshing and delicious, this cocktail is perfect for the spring and summer months!
Servings 3 servings
- 4 ounces cherry infused vodka
- 6 ounces lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3 ounces simple syrup (anywhere between 2.5 - 6 ounces)
Fill shaker ¾ with ice
Add vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup
Cap shaker and gently shake for 15 seconds
Add ice to the glasses and divide the contents equally between the 3 glasses
- Usually sweet and sour mix is made of equal parts citrus and syrup, but I like a more tart cocktail so I always use ½ the simple syrup that other recipes typically call for.
- Make your own simple syrup as it saves you money and is so easy. Here's how: add equal amounts of water and sugar to a saucepan. I usually do 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. On medium heat, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let the syrup cool completely before using it in a cocktail.
- I say make it like this and taste it. If it isn't sweet enough for you, add more by ½ ounce increments and taste after each one. But I'm thinking it is sweet enough.
- You can use any glassware. The tall glass is a Tom Collins glass, my glass of choice for this cocktail. The double old fashioned glass and coupe are fun options, too.
- Fresh fruit tastes best in cocktails, so whenever you can, squeeze the lemon juice yourself.
- You can make a big batch of this cocktail. Just double or triple the ingredients and mix it in a pitcher.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 108mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 23.1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.8mg