Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs
The lemon and wine sauce makes this chicken thigh dish so tender and delicious!
Servings 8 thighs
- 1 medium lemon (juiced)
- 1 lemon zest
- ½ cup white wine (dry)
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste (or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Meat and extras
- 5 chicken thighs
- 10 ounces mushrooms (sliced in chunks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 F
In a mixing bowl, add lemon juice, zest, wine, garlic, tarragon, oregano, salt and pepper - whisk until all the ingredients are combined
Dribble some olive oil on the bottom of the baking dish and add the mushrooms
Lay chicken in the baking dish and dribble a little oil on top
Pour lemon/wine mixture all over the chicken
Cover with foil and bake for 45 - 50 minutes
Plate chicken with some vegetable. Ladle lemon sauce on chicken along with some mushrooms
- I alternate between using bone-in chicken and boneless chicken to make this dish. I like it both ways. You will have to adjust the cooking time, depending on your choice.
- My chicken thighs were large so they took the whole 50 minutes to cook. If your chicken thighs are on the smaller size, check after 45 minutes.
- If you prefer chicken breasts, you can use them instead of the thighs. The cooking time should be the same.
- You don't have to marinate the chicken but if you want to, don't let it marinate for more than 30 minutes.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 440mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.4mg