Hot Toddy | Perfect for Cold Season
This hot toddy is perfect to sip when you have a cold. It's even great to sip when you are feeling fit as a fiddle.
Servings 2 cocktails
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 1.5 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 cup boiling water
You can either build these directly in the mugs or use a cocktail shaker. I prefer the shaker
Add bourbon, lemon juice, honey and boiled water into your shaker (or glass)
Stir until combined and honey has melted
Add a lemon wheel and star anise to each mug
- Since I'm making two toddies, I am going to mix them in my cocktail shaker. If you're making only one, you can build it directly in the glass.
- If you are going to make the toddy in a cocktail shaker and you have a glass shaker like I do, put a metal spoon in it before pouring the boiling water. I use a cocktail spoon.
- I usually scoop the honey with that spoon and pour the water directly into it in the bottom of the shaker.
- You don't need to add the star anise as garnish, but I like the flavor and it looks so pretty.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 22mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 7mg