Japanese Slipper Cocktail
The lemon balances this cocktail into a slightly sweet drink that will make you want to jump for joy!
Servings 1 cocktail
- 1.5 ounces Midori melon liqueur
- 1.5 ounces Cointreau or some other orange liqueur like Grand Marnier or the cheap triple sec
- 1.5 ounces lemon juice freshly squeezed
Fill shaker halfway with ice
Add Midori, Cointreau and lemon juice
Cap shaker and shake for at least 30 seconds
Pour into martini glass and add the maraschino cherry
- I'm using Midori but you can use any melon liqueur brand you like.
- I always recommend buying the best alcohol that you can afford because there is a difference in taste that you will appreciate once you try it.
- I use Cointreau which is an orange liqueur, but if you can't afford it, triple sec is fine to use instead.
- Even though this cocktail contains lemon, you don't need to add any sweetener because melon liqueur is sweet enough.
- I love Luxardo maraschino cherries but in this cocktail, the normal bright red cherries are best because green and red go so well together. Click here to see what maraschino cherry I used.
- I like lemon pulp, but if you want to drink it without it, use a fine strainer to remove the pulp as you pour the liquid in the glasses.
- The cocktail glass you will use, is the martini glass. You'll need two.
Serving: 5ounces | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 43mg | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin C: 16.4mg