The Matador Cocktail
This matador cocktail is fruity, refreshing and is the perfect poolside drink.
Servings 2 Cocktails
Here they are
- 4 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounce lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 4 wedges pineapple (with a slit cut in each)
Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice
Add tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice and simple syrup
Cap shaker and shake for 15 seconds
Add ice to each glass and divide liquid between the two glasses. Slide two pineapple wedges on the rim of each glass
- Unless you enjoy drinking pineapple juice by the glass, buy it in small cans for stocking your bar. Cocktails don't call for much juice and, even though small cans are a little more expensive, you won't end up wasting what's extra.
- Before using them, wash the limes to remove any pesticides. Here's how: Take a natural, unscented foaming soap (I buy Whole Foods' 365 brand), squirt some on your hands and gently rub the skin of the lime between them. Thoroughly rinse all the soap off the lime.
- I use very little simple syrup as the pineapple juice is sweet. Use as much as you like but if you have to add more do it by the teaspoon. And then taste it.
- For a prettier presentation, garnish this cocktail with thin slices of pineapple.
- To make the garnish, slice a ring off the pineapple, cut that ring in half and core it. Cut one of the halves again and I make a little cut in the quarters so I can slide them onto the lip of the glass.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 107mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg