Excellent El Presidente Cocktail
This el presidente cocktail is so good. It's perfectly balanced and yummy!
Servings 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces rum (gold)
- ¾ ounce Cointreau (or triple sec)
- ¾ ounce dry vermouth
- ⅛ teaspoon grenadine (or more if you want a darker drink)
- lemon twist (cut a lime wheel and take the fruit away from the rind and then twist around a chopstick)
Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice
Add rum, Cointreau, vermouth and grenadine
Cap shaker and shake for 15 seconds
Strain into coupe glass and twist the lemon rind into it
- If you can't afford a really good orange liqueur like Cointreau, then triple sec will do.
- I prefer using gold rum because of the color but if you only have white rum, you can use that. Just know the cocktail won't be the same color.
- When I add grenadine, I add it a little at the time. It ends up being around ⅛ of a teaspoon.
- If you don't have a coupe glass, a martini glass will do.
- To cut a lemon twist, either use a channeling knife or cut a thin lemon wheel and remove the flesh from the rind. Wrap the rind around a chopstick and hold it there for a minute.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 7g