Jelly Donut Shot
This Jelly Donut shot is super easy and extra delicious! Gives you the flavor of a jelly donut :)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 Shot
- 1 ounce Chambord
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream (or Rumchata)
Sprinkle some sugar in a small dish
Wet the rim of the glass with a little water, I use my finger
Place glass rim side down in the sugar and make sure it's covered
Pour Chambord 1/2 way full in the shot glass
Take your spoon and place it against the inside of the glass under the sugar but above the Chambord
Place your pourer in the Bailey's bottle and pour the liquid slowly on the spoon until it reaches the amount you would like
Pick up shot glass
The measurements are approximate as I pour it directly in the glass, so eyeball it. Calorie count is for 1 ounce of each ingredient.
Also, any recipe calling for Baileys Irish cream can be substituted with Rumchata - different taste but just as good!
- How to layer a shot: Use either a cocktail spoon or a regular iced coffee teaspoon. I prefer to use the cocktail spoon but for the thin, tall shot glass, I have to use the iced coffee teaspoon because the cocktail spoon is too wide to fit in the glass.
- Always place the spoon upside down with the bowl-side facing up in and against the side of the glass. You will then slowly pour the liquid over the bowl and into the glass.
- Invest in a few pourers. This will help you with your layering.
- Using a pourer helps to control the pour, which is critical to layering any shot. But if you do use a pourer, you will have to eyeball your quantities because they’re coming straight out of the bottle, unmeasured.
- When layering shots, you place the heaviest liquor on the bottom and work your way up in weight.
Serving: 2ounces | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 14g