Grasshopper Cocktail Recipe
This beautifully green drink is a throw back cocktail. Mint chocolate creamy deliciousness.
Servings 2 cocktails
- 2 ounces creme de menthe
- 2 ounces white creme de cacao
- 2 ounces heavy cream
Fill a cocktail shaker 1/2 full with ice
Add creme de menthe, creme de cacao and light cream
Cap shaker and shake for 10 seconds
Strain and divide between the two glasses
Lift glass, admire the green color
- I use light cream in this recipe, but you can use heavy cream, half and half or even just plain milk. Suit yourself.
- Creme de menthe comes in two colors, green and clear. Use the green because you want a fun colored drink (and because grasshoppers are green).
- Creme de cacao also comes in two colors, dark and clear. Use the clear because the dark would change the color of the drink and you want it to be as green as you can get it.
- I always use contrasting glassware when I serve my drinks because I like to showcase how different the cocktail looks in various glasses.
- For this post, I use a coupe glass and a martini glass.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 12mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Calcium: 18mg