Simple Stir Fry Chicken
A simple, delicious way to make chicken and veggies!
Servings 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 onions medium, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers sliced and chopped in chunks
- 10 ounces portobello mushrooms package, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs of boneless, skinless, chopped to bite size chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder or more
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Heat a wok or sauté pan on medium high heat. Once it's heated up and sesame oil and let it heat up for 30 seconds
Add onions and bell peppers and sauté for 15 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic and ginger and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Take of heat and set aside
Heat another wok or sauté pan on medium and add sesame oil
Add chicken and sauté for 6 minutes, stirring every minute
Make sauce as the chicken is cooking: Get your mixing bowl and add soy sauce, maple syrup, chicken broth, basil cumin, garlic powder and chipotle powder - whisk to combine
Add sauce to chicken and cook it for 2 more minutes more (so the chicken cooks 8 minutes all together)
Spoon into bowls
- Even though I use two woks, you can either use two sauté pans or if you really want, you can just use one pan and transfer the vegetables out of the pan and add them to the chicken once it's done.
- I use two woks so I can cook everything at the same time so this simple stir fry chicken can be on your table that much quicker. The timing in the recipe card is for if you don't cook it at the same time or just use one pan.
- You can use chicken breasts if you prefer them over thighs.
- You can adjust the spices to your liking.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 820mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1300IU | Vitamin C: 55.5mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg