Welcome to my About page.
My name is Elaine and I’m a food blogger! I used to be a medical secretary but now I’m a full time blogger! Woohoo!
I started the blog because I wanted to share my love of food. So, I said to myself, “Self, why not start a food blog?”
So here I am. I love to cook and bake and I have a whole slew of recipes that I’m sure you will love. I live in a suburb outside of Boston in Massachusetts with my darling husband Christopher and we both love a good meal.
Here’s some fun facts about me:
- I love chocolate
- I love bananas but HATE banana bread
- You will NEVER see a banana bread recipe here
- I’m a granola addict
- I love a good Martini
- I used to be a bartender, so I make cocktails whenever I visit people
- I’ve only said the word aint two times. For some reason I dislike the word
- I’ve only written the word ‘aint’ two times and it is on this page
- I used to hate eating cookies directly out of the oven
- I don’t like to eat raw cookie dough, nor did I like it as a kid
- My tastes are changing, but I still don’t like banana bread
- I intensely dislike hot dogs and beans but used to have to eat them as a child
- I never knew I could refuse to eat something until I became a grown up
- I come from a family of great cooks, the most surprising one being my brother
- I used to be obsessed with monkeys, not so much anymore
- I’ve been inappropriately laughing since I was a wee girl. Usually when someone hurts themselves. Although I’m a lot better now than when I was a child, I hate that I do it but can’t seem to stop
- They say it is nervous laughter
- I have been make up free for a while now and can’t believe how freeing it is
- I’m a gamer, have been since a child. I mostly play World of Warcraft now 🙂
- Surprised, aren’t ya?
- When people hear that I don’t like banana bread, they tell me that I’ll like their recipe. So I try it and guess what? Still don’t like it
- My nickname is Lainey
That’s it for now,